Why is Spring break in the Winter???
Spring break...gotta love it, the snow falling, the wind blowing, and it seems as if Winter may have finally arrived in Iowa! It is now Thursday, the seventh full day of spring break, and I feel as if there is still so much I could get done, but then when I get to the Library to work on it I realize that all I have left to do are my proposal, my CogLab report, and my Gen 300 book report. Then I relook at the assignments and realize. Hey, those are all the big assignments! I woke up this morning, and my first thought was, "Oh, shoot, I forgot I had a lab report for Cognitive." So this morning I didn't lay in bed, because I couldn't enjoy it, all I could think of was that silly report I had forgotten about. So I got up, took a looonnnggg shower, ate a great brunch, and then came over to the Library at Dordt where I am now procrastinating doing my lab report.
If you haven't figured it out, I stayed in Sioux Center for my Spring break. Spring break has been great so far, I sleep in a little (the first chance I have had to sleep in since Christmas because I work every Saturday morning), and when I wake up I uasually revel in the fact that I don't have to go anywhere by grabbing my Gen 300 book or another textbook and reading it in bed. By about ten or ten thirty my stomach begins to growl, so I get up and take a shower, get dressed, clean my room, sit on the couch and read some more, and then remember that I got up because I was hungry. Then I go into the kitchen and make something to eat after which I pack up my backpack and head to Dordt to do some computer homework until four something at which point I leave because the library closes at five. I then usually go back to Roos's and do some more reading, and then eat supper. After supper we talk awhile and then I go do more reading. It is a great schedule, I could live like that forever. Of course I would die of starvation because I wouldn't make any money, and Roos's wouldn't be able to afford to feed me forever.
I also spent Saturday shopping with My Aunt Nola, cousins Lynola and Michelle and friend Nicole. (yes, I spent a whole day shopping) We left at around nine in the morning and went to Sioux City. Our first stop was Menards. They were having a grand opening, so we ran around the store and entered all the draws. After that we bought some dishwashing detergent, and then left for the first mall. Here we ran around, and Lynola and Nicole made me try on this ridiculous blue shirt with all these frilly things, which was hilarious, you could hardly find the buttons, and then when I stepped out they were like "The weird thing is, it actually looks good on you!" I still didn't buy it, the shirt was completley weird. Then we ran around lots of other stores, and by five o'clock, all of us were completely exhausted, so we went to Sams Club to finish the list of things we needed to get. There we quickly ran around and tried all the samples before they put them away. After that we went to Walmart, and then we were all very ready to head home. We were not very good representatives of the female gender getting so exhausted after shopping. It made the supper conversation very entertaining. We laughed a lot.
Man I could write tonnes more about this break, but if you really want to know what has been going on, you could ask my roommate Kelsi Schuller, she has been getting daily emails updating her on what I have been doing. (like this, that is another fun way to procrastinate, and do something productive at the same time...though some may say this isn't exactly productive I like to think it is.)
Well, that Lab report is still calling my name, so I better get at it. Until nest time I need to procrastinate...

3 Comments:
Yay for updates - it was fun to read about your spring break, even though i was there for a large portion of it. I must add that spring break may be in winter, but now that it is spring it's much snowier than spring break. Go figure. Time for me to stop procrastinating now!
5:51 AM
Hullo Lynnea I visited your blog. It was exciting. You should update it I already knew that stuff :)
Ok I gotta study. Whoa - it looks like lvis Sr wrote at 5:50 am - how's that work?
3:48 PM
hmmm i doubt i wrote at 5:50 am...i don't get up that early! maybe the computer messed up or something.
7:08 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home