Thursday, April 13, 2006

Twenty One Credits is Just a Little Stupid!

Well, I would love to update this blog for you more often, but I am just sooo busy. So now I am sitting at work, and I thought I would update it even though I have tonnes of homework I should be doing.
Since I wrote last Spring break has ended and I have run into a semitruck! The weather continued to act like it was winter for a little while after spring break, but currently it is a gorgeous 89 degrees outside, and we are all soaking it up. Unfortunately all this nice weather makes it much more difficult to stay focused on ones homework! This is especially dangerous when there are boatloads of paper due in the next few weeks. Hmm, like four next week, three the week after that, and then exam week. I really should be working on that!
So what have I been up to besides homework since I last saw you? One big event was the Gen 200 trip, which involved us leaving Dordt at 12:30 on a Friday afternoon, driving to Minneapolis, going to the Symphony that night, going to the SCulpture garden and the Minneapol;is Institute of the Arts the next morning, Going to the Guthrie theatre's presentation of Hamlet that afternoon, adn then driving back to Dordt to do homework and hopefully get to bed at a decent hour, especially since I only managed to get to sleep by five on that Friday night, and the alarm went off at seven. It was a wonderful experience, the symphony was phenomenal, and their conductor literally gets airborne. I absolutely loved the production of Hamlet, and I won't even get started on all the reasons why because I don't have the time. If you want to know you will have to ask me.
There was also the more shocking experience that we got to deal with being in the big city. As I wrote in my weekly update to my Parents and The Seinens and Vis's...

"One of the relations is more thankful to be alive after her brief trip last weekend to Minneapolis. While there Friday night she and her friends ate dinner at Applebees. While walking there she thought there were an awful lot of police men, but just attributed it to the fact that she wasn't used to the city. After eating the group went to the symphony, and after the symphony some people from the larger group headed to Applebees to grab something to eat and hang out. Again there were a lot of police men, but the excitement and terror began a little later when the movie got out at the theatre (also located in the mall) and some man who was slightly ticked off started waving a gun around on out right infront of Applebees on the sidewalk. This man then proceded to shoot and kill an innocent bystander. The people from our Gen 200 group who were at Applebees got to witness how quickly the mall can lock down all the stores, but also figured that since one of them had a brother who lived in Minneapolis, they would get a ride back to the motel. Apparently what had happened was that the shooter had started a rucus before the movie and the theatre had called the police to calm it down, and to hang around until the movie was over to try and prevent anything from happening. We would have gotten to Applebees soon after that phone call was made and the movie started, so we thankfully missed getting stuck in that. The other group got there while the movie was ending, and had to go through a slightly different experience than they had been expecting. Thankfully for them, they never witnessed the actual shooting, just the chaos it caused. Needless to say if any of these happenings had varied in time to much either of the groups could have easily been caught in the fray."

Now I have decided that I should become rich when I grow up so that I can attend the symphony and theatre all the time. Ok, even occasionally would be wonderful. I am completely addicted. Do they have a group for that? Maybe "Culture Anonymous?"
Well, the next upcoming thing that shouild fill my time (besides homework) Is the fact that I am housemanaging for Laura Berkompas's Senior show The Somewhat True Tale of Robin Hood. That shouldn't take to much time as I already have the ushers and there are only three performances. It is a kids show, so it is also not as long. I got to watch a rehearsal and it is funny. The kids should enjoy it, but older people will to because of some of the jokes that have been put in. Last night I watched the italian run through (this means that they have to go through it as fast as they can, speaking their lines as fast as they can, getting all the blocking in, and doing it with as much energy as possible) It can be hilarious, and you can really see when a performer doesn't know their lines.
So I better get moving on my homework, I need to make sure I get a bunch of papers finished this weekend, but Karissa and Timothy are also going to be in town, and I am going to Mahaffy's on Friday evening to have a chocolate fondue and watch a movie. I decided that that would be my break for the weekend until Sunday. Oooh, to have time again. I guess I am already ready for retirement, though I have heard that that is a full time job as well, so I guess I am doomed until I die. Ah well, I know it has to lighten up sometime. It just frightens me a little when I look at exam week and think "Oh, I can't wait, life will be som much easier when all I have is exams." Wow, that means I definately am busy (hence the title of this entry)
Anyways, enough procrastinating for now.
This is the master procrastinator, Lynnea Vis, signing off.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

I am glad to have discovered this, Lynnea. Is it alright if I link to you from my blog? The one that started all the trouble?

3:39 PM

 
Blogger Lynnea Vis said...

go ahead Hannah, it is good to know who started all the trouble, now I know who to blame!!

2:14 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home