Tuesday, November 10, 2009

It's Official

It is finally official, my thesis defence shall take place on November 18th, 2009 at 8:30am. I am both stressed and excited for this and very glad to finally have a deadline date. I work well with pressure, so I feel like I have finally received the pressure I need to really get back into work. Along with the terror that comes with the importance of this defence some anxiety also comes in the fact that it has been scheduled for 8:30am. Any of you who know me know that I am not really a morning person. Getting up and there won't be a problem, but just realizing that I am not at my best mentally at that point in the day, so prayers for mental clarity and alertness would be appreciated, as well as prayers that I will be able to sleep well without any anxiety getting in the way.
Once I have finished with my defence, anticipating that it goes successfully, I will have a few days of revisions to make and then I will have it sent in to someone who has agreed to be my APA checker/editor (since I am the official one for the department). After that I get to go through the edits and have it printed and bound. Once I hand in 3 bound copies to the school I can officially graduate and get my diploma. After sending it in for editing I plan to go to Oregon for Thanksgiving while my thesis is in with the editor...it will be good to reward myself, but also to be able to go and not have any homework that I will feel guilty about not doing.
Well, time for me to go make some dinner so I can get back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Janelle said...

oh wow what a terrible process this has been. I'm so glad you are THIS CLOSE to finishing!
What exactly do you have to defend at this defence? will they grill you? are they checking to see if you're learned enough to get a diploma? what if you were really good at clinical psych, but not very good at a research and thesis? could you still graduate?!

All of those questions are floating around in my head as I read your emails and blog. I just wonder why Dustin didn't have to do a thesis...and defend it. It seems he got off a little easy I think. He's applying to nearly 15 different schools for his PhD...we'll find out in Feb/March where we'll move!

Where in Oregon are you going for T-giving? We're visiting our friends Lewis & Ruby (our puppy is named after Lewsis!) in Corvallis. It's a tiny tiny town, but will you be nearby?

You going home for Christmas?

10:49 AM

 
Blogger Andrea said...

You're done now! How'd it go?

4:29 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home