Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Some good news...

Well I told some people that I would post when I had some good news to share. Lets just say this past month has been a little intense. About a month ago I went in for a thesis meeting with my supervisor and was informed that in order to participate in graduation in November I had to have completed my internal defence and had a revised copy in. Previously I was under the impression that I just needed a good copy in. So upon this news I realized that I had a bit more work to do than I expected. Added to this my supervisor informed me that some errors had been made in my data cleaning. There was some frustration with this news, but I won't go through that all right now. Needless to say I felt as if I had been put back 2 months worth of work as I had to reclean my data and then rerun all my stats, and was told that I should have a copy in within about 9 days if I even wanted to consider making the deadline for participating in graduation. I knew that I would still meet the deadlines for my actual graduation (in December), but I still really wanted to participate in the November graduation. After that news I went and had a chat with my neighbor, and fellow grad student where we just talked things out. By the end I was alright with walking next April and just being content to graduate in December. I knew I would work hard and try to make deadlines, but I was content with not walking in November. Since then this past month has been internship work or thesis and almost nothing else. So the good news, I have sent a draft into my second reader and we have scheduled my internal defence for September 25th. This means that if I pass the defence I would have 5 days to finish any changes they ask me to make, and in that 5 days I am helping to run a weekend workshop and I have internship. So although I am closer to possibly making the deadlines for still walking in November I do not feel secure in saying that I will be walking. Come September 30th I will know and hopefully I will have some good news for you.
Other good news, in Internship I have almost completed all my direct individual hours, I need only two more, and I have signed up to help out with workshops to provide me with enough hours to complete my group hours.
So I don't really feel as though I have a whole lot of other new recent news, but since I last posted I did get the opportunity to see a bunch of family when I had a chance to attend the weddings of two of my cousins. It was a lot of fun to see all the family, some who I had not seen in quite a while. I love all my relatives, they are amazing. I am related to some of the coolest people in the world!
Well, now I must go and create a powerpoint so that I can review it with my thesis supervisor to prepare it and tweak it for my internal defence.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

Yay for good news and Yay for you posting :D

9:42 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home