Saturday, June 20, 2009

Life's Lessons

Well, as many people have been pointing out to me it has been awhile since I posted, so here I sit posting away.
Have you ever felt like God is trying to teach you a lesson, and he bombards you with it in many different ways? Over the last while I felt like that. I believe that in my last post I mentioned that I would be going to the church's womens retreat. It was a good experience. While there the speaker talked about things like our worst fear and learning to trust, this was the beginning of the onslaught for me. I have been trying to work on things such as trust for awhile. Then at breakfast when we got there we chose a seat, and at every seat there was a gift bag with a mug in it. When I opened it up my mug had the word TRUST on it in capital letters, I thought that was pretty cool. Then Saturday evening a pair of women asked if they could pray for me, the issues I am facing in life and what I am learning. I asked that they pray that I learn to be content with my daily bread as I was starting to feel financially stretched and sometimes feeling discontent with being stuck in school etc. Overall a good weekend, and I felt I was learning my lesson on trusting God with my situation. Apparently God thought he would try to emphasize the lesson as three days later my roommate told me she was moving out in just under a month. So if I thought I was financially tight before I was definately feeling the crunch now as my rent had just doubled, and on top of that my work shifts dropped off. At this point in my head I was like, alright God, I get it, trust you, but could we start the lessons with something a little easier? Since then I have been looking for a new roommate, but as of yet one has not been found. About a month after I found out my rommate was leaving (ie about the time she actually moved out) I sent out an update email to family and friends, and I know they were praying for my financial situation because the next day my landlords came over and told me they did not expect me to pay my roommates half of the rent, but would cut the rent in half, but then charge me for utilities. They also offered me a job washing the campsites bathrooms. This job didn't quite work out due to the time of day the want the bathrooms washed and where I typically am around that time. As of yet I still haven't found a roommate, and I have the time my money will run out estimated for if I do not get increased work shifts, but I am also learning to just keep trusting God. I do not feel as though he is telling me to move, at least not at the moment, and I know he wants me to finish my degree. He keeps rewarding my trust in little ways, such as showing me forms that will allow me to apply to be a full time student even with less than full time credits (allowing me to not have to start paying off student loans). I'm sure it will be interesting to see how I get the money to finish off my degree and move on from here, whether my work shifts pick up or I do end up using the student line of credit I am setting up as a precaution. I know that God has it in control, and I just have to keep learning to trust.
My reminder mug...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Lynola said...

post away! Thanks for the update...feel free to do it again and soon! You are so honest - I appreciate it, and YOU!

9:26 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Yah, thanks for being honest. I am still praying that prayer... and I am praying for you!

4:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home