Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Ketchup

Well, I have had a few reminders that I should update this blog...so here I am. Currently I am actually sitting at internship, but due to it being the first week back from the holidays a lot of people have forgotten their appointments, or the roads or their cars are still causing them problems. Thus I am sitting here with time on my hands. I did some of my readings for my class, but my brain stopped focusing, so I switched over to the internet.
Since I last wrote, I went to Oregon for Thanksgiving, which was delightful, I spent time relaxing (skipping class) and visiting with relatives and friends. I played Volleyball one evening, went to the park, basically it was a fantastic time to get some relaxing in before the sprint to the end of the semester.
When I got back, I was given a final take home exam. It was rediculous, we had less than a week to write two research papers and a case report. On top of that there was the final for my other class, and I had to finish everything up for my thesis proposal meeting. I pulled three allnighters in 8 days. Oh for the undergraduate days when I didn't pull a single allnighter! After that I got a few days to work and try to recover before my thesis proposal meeting.
My thesis proposal meeting went well. It was a good reminder of how being more of an outsider can allow you to see different angles and possible roadblocks. By the end of the meeting my thesis had been given the go ahead. So my supervisor and I began putting together the different things needed to send it in for the Research Ethics Board.
Wednesday the 17th I cancelled all my internship clients due to bad roads (my supervisor didn't want me driving) and then on Thursday evening I went to pick up Karlynn. Early Friday morning we got up and drove north in the freezing temperatures. The roads were good which we appreciated. Saturday morning I pulled out my laptop and put the final stuff together for the REB and sent it in to my supervisor for review. Making it so that I had no homework to work on while I was home for a visit.
While home I got to enjoy the annual eggnog party at Lester's, Christmas on the lake, where like a good Canadian I played outdoor ice hockey, and just enjoyed some time at home relaxing (and as always on vacation trying to recover from some illness). I worked on a few projects that were not school related, slept in and had a good time.
On Monday the 29th Karlynn and I got back into the car for the drive back, the roads this time were not as nice, and we...errr should I say I, even parked us in the snowbank once. The registrar from TWU was behind us and he and his brother-in-law pulled over and helped by lifting the car out of the snowbank. They even changed our flat tire, which was entirely unnecessary as I could have done that on my own. The rest of the drive was less eventful, though we did pull over to check on another vehicle that hit the ditch in the canyon right infront of us. I have decided that I hate driving the canyon when it is dark, slushy and still snowing.
Then on December 30th Karlynn and I headed south of the boarder to go to her roommates wedding, then headed back up that night. The next day we met Uncle Henry, Aunt Ardie and Lynola in Abbotsford at House of James (a Christian Book store)---never a good plan if I am trying to save money, but I had a Christmas present to spend there. Then Karlynn went home with them while I drove off to work. When I got off work I drove around to Maple Ridge (the ferry was closed) and celebrated the New Year. We discussed how when we were young it was cool to stay up so late, but it was no longer as exciting...(we sounded tired) then after that I drove back around and went to bed only to get up at 7am to go back to work. When I got off work I drove back around to Maple Ridge and stayed there until Sunday afternoon when I had to work again.
During my time in Maple Ridge we played many games, Lynola and I went with Karlynn to help her supervising teacher set up the classroom, and then she took us out for coffee (of course none of us drink coffee, so we all had something else) and on Friday evening we went for a roadtrip to Lynden to drop Lynola off at James'. Since then I worked on Sunday and Monday, had class Tuesday, and am now at Internship on Wednesday.
Now you are all caught up, and wondering why on earth I didn't update sooner.
Well, a brief look into this semester. I will be in three lecture courses, Seminar on Ethical Integration, Crisis Counselling, and Assessments. On top of that I will be working on my thesis and in Internship, and am still trying to set up my second internship. As of the end of April I will be done with all lecture classes and will just have to complete thesis and internship for graduation. If all goes well I will be graduating in October on the 24th.
That is all for now, I will try to update a little quicker, but this semester could be a little insane at times.
Tidbit for the day, did you know that the term insane is not actually a psychological term? It was developed and came out of the legal system.

3 Comments:

Blogger Aleeda said...

Fheww---I was hoping you weren't trying to get ketchup out of clothes! :-)
I think I knew most of what you wrote, but it is still fun to read.
Love you!
MOM

10:13 PM

 
Blogger Janelle said...

Sounds like a crazy christmas! did you do any sleeping in? :-)
You've inspired me to update our blog...

8:33 AM

 
Blogger Lynola said...

No, I didn't know about the word insane, but it was an interesting tidbit. Thank you for updating your blog. (You know you are allowed to do short posts too :) I feel honored to have made it in several times. Ah, vacation. It was very relaxing. I still have work to do. If only I did not procrastinate so much in the early evening (actually today was a faculty meeting and then building the top of an igloo - what a good Canadian I am!). I think I went to Lester's Christmas party once; I remember not being allowed to drink the eggnog and I did not understand why!

9:51 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home