Computers Vs. Houseplants
I have a terrible reputation for keeping house plants alive. I am very impressed that the plant given to me when I moved into my new place is still alive and looks healthy!
Unfortunately my gift with computers has gone the way of my former skills with houseplants.
As the score currently stands, since moving into my house:
0 house plants dead, 3 computers with serious problems
Take fair warning, you might not want to let me near your computer your houseplants on the other hand could now be safe with me!
I am still waiting for my primary computer (my laptop) to be fixed, it has now been in the shop for over two weeks, and started giving me trouble near the end of August. My desktop computer is in the process of being debugged and spywared and defragged anddeleting unecessary files and programs...Some little miser got into my computer and installed all kinds of unnecessary stuff. Until it is fixed I can't run any programs because ther isn't sufficient memory space. The third computer, the laptop I am borrowing has been working fine, though the battery life is very short. Unfortunately the power cord broke. This meant that I could no longer turn the computer on. I managed to go and buy a three dollar part, peel off some of the plastic and make it work.
Let's just say that with all these computer problems last night I had to go to my neighbor's and do my homework on their computer. I had to write my paper and do my presentation on Google Docs. Then I went to double space my paper (APA requirement) and it deleted the entire paper. I went to where it was saved and it wasn't there. Scott nicely looked through everything and couldn't recover it either...sooo I rewrote my paper. At internship my supervisor signed out of his computer and then it wouldn't let him sign back in... I didn't even touch that computer and it went nutty!
So in my life it would appear that currently houseplants are winning, and computers better be running or they may meet their doom, or at least a trip to the ER!

3 Comments:
i'm sorry. I have car problems (well, not currently) - don't lend my your car!
4:46 PM
Sounds exciting, maybe I shouldn't get your advice on a new computer :-S
11:54 AM
Bummer!! hope your computer is out of the shop soon!
Larissa
2:44 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home