Monday, May 05, 2008

New Semester...plus those Spring Break Pictures

Well, a new semester has begun for me. One class started last week and my second class starts tomorrow. My third class will start in just over three weeks, at the end of May. Then my first class ends June 10, my second one ends June 17, and my third one July 31. Basically my schedule will be constantly changing throughout the semester. Added on to that constantly changing is my constantly changing work schedule, and the thesis work that I have to do this semester.
My one class (Research Seminar) is going to do a lot to help us do work on preparing for our theses, but even after that I have lots of thesis work to do during this summer. It feels weird to me to be in such an odd constantly changing schedule for classes, it makes it feel like I can't plan my summer and predict what is going to happen.
Although my second class only starts tomorrow and my first one only started last week, I am already skipping them on Thursday. I am headed home for a weekend. I am going to support my sisters who are in the school production of Les Miserables. In order to do this I am also skipping a youth group event, which means my girls will be leaderless as my co-leader is going to be in China on a cultural exchange. Our youth pastor is ok with this as it is a Dodgeball night, so we won't be meeting with our small groups.
While I am home I will have to get some homework done, but I haven't been home since the beginning of June last year, and my professors keep telling me that from now on once thesis has started I better realize that my thesis will be at least as important as my family and friends (not looking forward to that aspect of thesis). I intend to make it home for a little while this summer...at that point my thesis proposal should be in with the REB, so I won't be able to do anything and will have earned a break. If all goes well I hope to be home for my birthday.
Well, over the past two weeks I have painted my new place and moved it. It feels so much more like home than the other house I lived in did. It is also nice to be living with only one other person. I am working on getting pictures of the house on my computer and will post them soon. But now if any of you are int he area I have a place for you to stay.
This past weekend I was at a youth event. It was a lot of fun. It was called a Doulos weekend. We got together with our small groups (grade 9 girls for me) and we stayed at someone from the church's house for the weekend. All our meals were brought to us, we lead four different sessions, played different games hung out together as both small groups and large groups, including having a midnight movie on Saturday night. My girls were sooo tired by the end of the weekend, and at church on Sunday morning we had to keep them awake during the sermon. They all managed to stay awake, and enjoyed the weekend. It was a new thing our youth pastor was trying that he had done as a child, and I would say it was a success.
And as promised, some pictures from my Spring Break at the end of February, beginning of March. It was a fantastic week with some fantastic weather, spent in Kindergarten and with friends and cousins. The kindergarteners decided that in order to keep Lynola, me and Michelle straight they would just number us off, so Lynola remained Miss Vis, sometimes called #1, I became Miss Vis #2 and Michelle was Miss Vis #3. Oh, and I highly recommend Organ Stop Pizza if you are ever in Phoenix, it was fabulous.

Eating Fudgsicles in a palm tree (well, in its branches while standing on the stairs to Lynola's apartment)
Learning my states with Kindergarteners and Miss Vis #3 (Michelle)--ok, I already know my states...so I was just helping.Reading Highlights magazine...I haven't read that since I was little.

Well, I better get some reading done for tomorrow, and if possible Thursdays reading as well. Then I think I will do some cleaning, I am house sitting and although I have not made a mess, the house does look as though a little organizing could be done, and I know I appreciate coming home to a clean house, so I will do my best.
Thanks for reading all of this...I would love to hear from you.

4 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

awwwwwwwww. What lovely pictures!

3:45 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, I so want a fudgsicle after that picture. It is 99 degrees here.

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, I so want a fudgsicle after that picture. It is 99 degrees here.

5:54 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

Oh, I so want a fudgesicle after seeing that picture. It is 99 degrees here.

5:54 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home