READING BREAK!!!
I am now officially on reading break. Most of the school went on reading break last Friday, but being a graduate student in a practicum I have to follow a clinical schedule (ie no reading break) so now that practicum is done for the week I am officially on reading break until next Monday when I have to be back at practicum.
Being that this is reading break I have loads of homework to do, and it will all get finished with time. Now that I have said that I am accountable to all of my readers...however many there are and whoever they are.
So an update, since last time I posted I have done plenty of homework, gone to classes, gone to work, gone to youth, gone to college and career, slept, eaten...yep that pretty much sums it up. If you want a slightly longer version keep reading.
One college and career event that took place since I last posted was a Volleyball and Dodgeball night that we had with the Fort Langley E-Free church that one of my roomies goes to. This was a fantastic night of fun, a combination of lousy Volleyball combined with tonnes of laughs and good spirits, and a very short period of dodge ball in which all the players were to tired to move out of the way of the ball, but whose arms had been loosened up enough to through the ball with great speed and power...if not great accuracy (a few people got creamed in the face). Honestly I liked this night not only for the fun, but because it allowed me to see another side of so many of the people I see in College and Career nearly every week.
That huge binder I told you about got handed in...I still don't exactly know how to describe that assignment, but if you ever want to understand it you will have to come and have a look at the final product (once I get it back from my professor). After handing in that project and sitting through half the class I went home early feeling absolutely gross. I fell asleep and then when I woke up I felt fantastic so I went to youth and after that went to bed feeling gross again. By 4:30am I still hadn't fallen asleep and was feeling disgusting so I called into work sick and when I finally went to sleep I didn't set my alarm and spent the next day entirely in my room and in my pajamas (which Larissa gave me for Christmas and are soooo comfy) On Sunday I was feeling better, though a little shaky, but I managed to go to work. Since then I haven't had an appetite. Oh I can eat things, I just never seem to get hungry (except at 11:30 at night when I can't eat or it will keep me awake and then even though I don't eat I am not hungry in the morning) So for two weeks now I have been eating just because I know I have to in order to stay alive and healthy...I can't wait for the day when I feel hungry again, or I see food and I think ooooh, that looks so good I want to eat some. Currently I see food and think, ooooh, that looks so good, I wish I were hungry enough to want to eat that.
I also had a chance to go look at a potential place to live. The landlord couldn't give me a price estimate, but if it is within my range I will most definitely be moving there. It is a little old house with two bedrooms (so I would need a roommate...something I am working on acquiring) a kitchen, a living room and a bathroom (WITH A BATHTUB!!!!) It also has a front yard...which I wouldn't have to take care of (BONUS!) and a garden if I want to use my green thumb to weed it, plant flowers ...or if I don't feel like I don't have to. There is laundry on site...just not in the house, but hey that's better than nothing. So I will keep you posted on those details.
Now I am sitting in James' apartment in Lynden. In about two hours I will begin the trek down to Seattle from where I will fly to Phoenix where I will get to see my beautiful cousin and her school, and then later in the week I will get to see another beautiful cousin and college friend. Should be fabulous, but the details will have to come later as they have not yet occured.
Well this is me signing off as I officially start off my reading break!

4 Comments:
Have a fun week!!! We, too, are feeling "gross" over here. I hear you about food. I can't taste anything! Something will look delicious, I'll eat it, and then think "why?" The only thing I could faintly taste was salt, the last one to lose. How exciting is that?!
Hope you are better and are having a splendid time with cousins and friends!!!
10:18 AM
Hi Lynnea--I'm off Facebook for a while, but I guess that means I'm checking out who's writing in the blogging world. It sounds like you're a weird form of sick...? And it also sounds like you're in Arizona... niiiice. It's great to hear from you in your e-mails, IMs and blog!
8:51 AM
Have a great break with your cousin(s) who are about as close to being a sister as you can get without being a sister. :-)
Glad you liked the house. I hope it all works out for you!
4:28 PM
i miss you. come back to Phoenix!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
3:45 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home