Saturday, November 24, 2007

Being American

Well, after a great weekend in Newberg I went back to Langley and back to work and school. All the people I was working with and going to school with were bugging me that I am NOT Canadian. So due to the urgings of a particular cousin whom had bugged me to skip classes and come down to Newberg again for Thanksgiving, I took a look at my schedule. I was not scheduled to work at all, so I decided that since I am so American and not Canadian I should go down for Thanksgiving (that and a few other reasons). So without telling my cousin I came down to Newberg again. So this is my second post in a row from Newberg.
So I was home for less than a week before I headed back to the good old US of A. During my short time at home I did homework, worked and then left...I really was not home that long. Now I am in Newberg and have celebrated Thanksgiving, gone after Thanksgiving day shopping in order to laugh at all the ridiculous people who wait in line for hours etc. We live in a very consumeristic, individualistic, selfish society...need I say more on that topic? Anyways, I had fun going shopping and by the time we got back I couldn't get to sleep. Hard to believe since I had only had three hours of sleep the night before (I stayed up to finish a paper for class).
After sleeping in we decorated the house for Christmas...mainly I just watched, but it was great fun, I love Christmas decorations and I love the Christmas season, and I love all my relatives. I love being from a large family where we all know each other and are good friends.
For more details on what has happened in my weekend you can click on the link for Cousin Rachel and read her take on the weekend.
For all of you Americans out there I hope you had a great Thanksgiving and long weekend, and for all you Canadians, I hope you had a great Thursday, Friday and weekend :) I love being American and Canadian...more Thanksgivings (plus other perks).

2 Comments:

Blogger NWPopje said...

Hooray for family time! Thanks for coming, hope you were able to sleep okay:). Lots of fun memories though...midnight madness, no stuffing, garlic pizza, bang!, etc. Have a GOOD Christmas!

3:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

3 cheers for dualism :) hip hip hooray! hooray! hooray!

garlic pizza? Sounds great.

sooon this Canerican cousin will be visiting you!

11:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home