Pictureless in Langley
I keep procrastinating on updating my blog because I keep thinking I need to wait until I have pictures to post. I don't, so this is going to be a boring old no pictures post. If you can't handle that then don't bother reading this post.
Since the last post I have continued to work, live at my new home...while spending plenty of time across the river visiting my second home (or whatever you call it when my real home is in Smithers, my official living space down here is in Langley, but I spend a lot of time there)
I have been trained on night shifts and learned to swing me days and nights around which I will be doing again this weekend.
I have attended the Festival of Lights or Symphony of Fire or whatever the humongous absolutely nutso fireworks presentation is now called. I have never seen a beach that full in my entire life...and public transportation afterwards was a little nuts. But hey, spending time on the beach and then on public transportation gave me a reminder of what BC so often smells like...pot--YUCK! The fireworks were cool, and watching people's behaviors in a crowd that has no true organization was a hoot...though I probably get more of a thrill out of that than most of you would. People are so funny.
Oh, another funny people moment. I went garage saleing (how do you spell that?) with my relations, and while at one garage sale there were these two little boys and an older sister playing together. The one little boy got called in to eat breakfast, so he told the other two kids goodbye. They apparently weren't ready to be done yet so they asked "Can we come watch?" The other kid agreed. I just thought it was funny. I HATE watching people eat.
What else has gone on in my life. Oh, I had a birthday party at my relatives house with a bunch of relatives, and then I worked on my real birthday. Both of them were good. Now I am no longer knowledgeable about my age, if you ask I will probably mess it up.
Today I had a "great" experience at work, which I won't post about, if you want to know ask me. But I got the feeling I should have been much more stressed out about the situation than I was. I just felt a little stupid, but everyone else couldn't figure out why I was just relaxed and not stressed out.
Well, that is all for now, maybe I will post pictures soon. Of course, maybe I will know my class schedule soon...that would be nice, but so far my professors don't even know what they are teaching never mind when classes are going to be....FRUSTRATION HERE...I am a bit of a control freak and not know these kinds of things is driving me nuts, especially because it makes it very difficult to schedule work.
Ok, now I am really done, thanks for letting me vent.

2 Comments:
What was your "great" experience?
I understand your frustration, being a control freak myself.
Glad your birthday was fun. Did you figure out the mystery phone call yet?
Garage saling? Garage saleing? Garage sailing? Garage sale-ing? Garage sale shopping? I don't know.
You did an Americanism! YOU - who always writes cheque and tonne - you spelled behavior instead of behaviour! Just thought I'd let you know since it surprised me so much. Love you, cuz!
3:41 PM
oh, and no pics is fine. i'm just glad you posted :)
3:41 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home