I guess I did do something!
All though I feel like all I have done since I got down to the Lower mainland is read books, eat, sleep and be lazy, when I think back on what I have accomplished I must have done a little something since being here. I have now been here over a week and have not gotten seriously lost yet (HURRAY!!!)
So what have I accomplished since I got here? Well last Tuesday I had a job interview, on Wednesday I got a job offer so I finished studying for my written driving test. Thursday I went and took my driving test, so I now have a Class 4 Learners liscence and have to go in on August 3rd to take the pre-trip inspection and road test. Then I will have a commercial liscence and will have to update my resume to show that. Friday I had a meeting to get all my paperwork lined up for my job as well as find out what other information they still needed. Then I went to a book store and bought a book which I began reading thoroughly enjoyed and have now finished. Friday evening I attended my cousins graduation and then all the relations went out for desert together and we didn't get back until after midnight. Saturday I did a lot of reading and sitting around hanging out with all the people who did not have to go to work! Sunday Uncle Dave came over and we visited for a long time. We were supposed to play a game but never got around to it, we had a lot of fun anyways. That night I learned how to play Carcassonne (is that how you spell that?) Monday I began working on gathering all the other paperwork I needed for work, calling people to get different records and finding an approved first aid course that I could take. As it turned out there was one being offered in my town the next day, so I signed up and went to pick up my "little pack of reading," which happened to be thirteen chapters of reading. So I spent most of the rest of the day reading all thirteen chapters and doing the assigned excercieses. Then on Tuesday I spent the entire day (8:30-4:30 it was supposed to be until 5:30) at my first aid course. There were only six of us in the class and only two of us had never taken a first aid course before, though both of us had some prior experience and knowledge about first aid and proper procedures, so we just cruised through the class and got done early. At the end of the class we had the written test. Being in test mode still from college I was done the test in about five minutes. The instructor had left to go do something expecting it to take longer and so I had to wait for him to return. I ended up getting only two questions wrong, so I am now certified in both First Aid and CPR. As with most people I hope I never have to use it, but am prepared for if it does become necessary.
Today is my last day off before I begin at my new job. Training starts tomorrow at 7:00am, which means inorder to get there on time I will be leaving at 5:30, so my alarm will go off at 4:45am (YECH!) Boy will I be glad when I move into my house and it is only about five blocks away! For today though I am going to enjoy a good book. I guess I should probably leave my room soon as everyone probably thinks that I am still sleeping when in reality I have been up for two hours just playing around on my computer and being incredibly lazy!

1 Comments:
hah! i am first to comment on this post.
I love you Lynnea.
1:51 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home