Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Record Rains and Bag Conclusion



Well, In this area we set a record for the longest wet stretch in July, the wet stretch is supposed to end today, and although it is cloudy we have seen blue sky and sun today so I think it is ending. I have not let the rain stop me from barbecuing/grilling pork chops. We have a joke at home that any time we light the BBQ it starts to rain, so I guess grilling in the rain doesn't seem weird to me. Lynola thought it was funny, so to make it funnier I BBQed while wearing a rain coat.




















Michelle also had to work outside during the rain so she bought some rain pants for work which were an awesome yellow color so we had our picture taken together!

Also a funny conclusion to the bag story started during my last post. I was still faithfully using my Dordt bookstore bag.





Then yesterday I went shopping at second hand stores with Lynola and we picked up a Prada bag for me.







I still went to work with my trusty Dordt bag because it holds more. I got to work and the other staff who almost bought me a bag was there, she had just gotten back from vacation. Turns out she was shopping with her sister and they were looking at bags and she decided she just had to buy me a bag and she found this cute one, but she had forgotten it so she would bring it another time. Well apparently my bag bothered her enough that she came back later during my shift to bring it to me. It is pink and red with beads etc. on it. Now all my friends and family are laughing because they know my opinion on pink. But this bag is actually cute (at least I think so) and the story behind it makes it so much more fun!















So know I own three bags that are all very different...and the question becomes what on earth do I do with so many bags?

5 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

trust me, a woman cannot have too many purses/bags. What am I saying? I possess only 1 purse, but I have lots of sandals, and if we live by stereotypes, then it stands to reason that females can (should?) accessorize with as much jewelry/purses/sandals as is humanly possible. Plus, then we support our economy.
Lovely post, Lynnea. I enjoyed reading it. And I can't believe you have a PRADA bag. Very fashionable. Can I still hang out with you?

1:31 PM

 
Blogger Lilac said...

Send the rain this way please!!! But I love your bags!!! Especially the story!!! It's our second driest July since like 1836???

3:07 PM

 
Blogger NWPopje said...

Ooh la la! Prada? I'm with Lynola. A woman can never own too many purses or shoes...never. Funny, but I used to HATE pink. Then I had a daughter and somewhere along the line my opnion changed and every now and then I will wear something pink. Gasp!

1:14 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

You are funny Lynnea. I sympahize with the Dordt Bookstore bag; they are so tough! I am sure I still have some around the house with things stored in them but I don't carry them around much. You should check my blog and the bag I made (a lunchbag).

1:02 PM

 
Blogger Lynola said...

this is a very lovely post with beautiful pictures, but since you have a few days off, I suggest you post anew :)

11:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home