Monday, November 12, 2007

Long Weekends = :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

I love long weekends. I love getting away from school and pretending I don't have any homework. I also love having relatives who let me come and veg out at their house, give me a place to sleep, feed me great meals etc. and for some reason I feel like I do nothing in return.
Currently I am on reading break and am visiting relatives in Oregon. I have tonnes and tonnes of awesome relatives and you should all be envious (except that I think almost everyone who checks this is related, but if you're not...). My reading break officially started with the end of class on Friday, but after that I had to do triad sessions, so I was not finished at school until after 2. Originally the plan had been to leave right after that, but those plans changed.
Last Sunday when I was at church I noticed an announcement in the bulletin stating that the youth group was in urgent need of another youth sponsor (leader). So I emailed the youth pastor and we met and talked. As it ended up I said I would do it and could be there for youth group on Friday night. Thus from 6:30-10:30 I was at church and then I left directly from church and drove to Mount Vernon to visit a great friend. We talked for a little while that night and then crashed. Spending some great time together the next morning and early afternoon. We went out to Deception Pass, I got to see her school, and we got to spend time just talking. It was great, but short.
Early that afternoon I got back in my car and drove to Oregon, arriving here just on time for dinner which was scrumptious. Since then I have been able to relax. I can either relax among the adults or with the kids. My activities have ranged from reading a novel to reading many different childrens books to Gideon and Anneke. I have played Cranium and Settlers with Mike, Rachel, Uncle John and Aunt Sylvia, and I have played cars and legos with Gideon and Anneke. This morning I got up and made puzzles with Anneke while Gideon was at school. She does amazingly well at puzzles! Gideon also graciously included me in packing some shoe boxes and in a few rounds of "I Spy." And the fun gets to continue as I don't have to head home until Wednesday.
Well I am going to sign off for the night. Hope you are all doing well.

3 Comments:

Blogger John said...

It has been a joy to have you here! Come again any time. And any other relatives/friends, reading this {hint> you're welcome also {/hint>.

Uncle John

1:38 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Lynnea, you are one special girl! How amazing that we have such a great family and are able to visit them. I'm glad you had such a good time and could get away from college for awhile. I love you girl! Sooo excited to see you at Christmas!
Shell

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Lynola said...

i am envious! Oh wait. All your relatives are mine. I just haven't been to Oregon in several years. I love you!

10:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home