Wedding Weekend and a little more
Well, I realized it has been awhile since I posted. I know a lot has happened since I last posted, but it seems that most of my life is run by school, and what little that is left is usually run by work. For this reason I don't often feel like I have much to write about. Since I last posted though a few things have happened. One big one was my uncles wedding.
The weekend of the wedding was absolutely fabulous. I worked ahead so that I would not have to work on homework over the weekend. On Friday after I finished at school I headed over to Seinen's to help work on finishing the scrapbook. Scrapbooking is definitely not my forte, but it was great to hang out with relatives who I hadn't seen in awhile. Around dinner time we all piled into vehicles to head across the river to join up with more relatives. After dinner things went nuts, there were so many of us all talking and walking around in the Vis's house. At one point most of the cousins headed downstairs and James and I tried to teach everyone how to do the Shimsham...not the most successful endeavor, but it was fun. After being not terrible successful we all draped ourselves around the basement and just kept talking. Aunt Ardie told me later that she had walked in at one point and it had been a great memory seeing all of the cousins down there talking across the room, with numerous conversations going on over top of each other and all of them happening at top speed. She said she couldn't understand a thing but that she loved seeing all the cousins catching up. The catching up continued late into the night until James kicked us all out of his "bedroom." The next day was the wedding day. With so many of us staying in one house, it was a blessing that the wedding was in the afternoon so that the hot water tank could fill up a few times between showers. Early in the afternoon my mom and I drove to the ferry to pick up one of my roommates who was going to babysit my cousins' kids. Then those of us remaining headed off to the wedding (most of the guys had gone golfing as is the family tradition). We split it up putting our mothers in one car and the four cousins in the other car. We got there over an hour early and so we sat in the car and talked for a long time before heading in. The service was beautiful and the reception was wonderful. The food was great, the company wonderful and we all ate way to much. After the reception we headed back to our homes to crash for another night...of course we all stayed up and talked for awhile before actually going to bed. On Sunday we went to church, some had to walk out early to catch flights, and others didn't leave until after lunch. A bunch of us were at the Vis's and we BBQ'd and played croquet and sat around on the trampoline. Then people started heading out until there were only four of us left at the Vis's. The four of us were tired, but hung out playing games and talking.
Since that weekend I have been busy with school and work, but last weekend I went and spent Friday evening with Lyndsay, one of my new friends from my program. It was great to be able to hang out with someone as a friend, something that hasn't happened a whole lot with people aside from family since I moved here.
I am also excited that on Tuesday I will get to hang out with Karissa a friend from Dordt who will briefly be in the area visiting local schools. It will be great to see a familiar face again.
I am also excited to be able to head down to Oregon during reading break in the near future. Well for now I think I will sign off, and maybe I will be back soon.

2 Comments:
glad you posted. thanks. i like hearing about the mini family reunion :)
7:45 AM
I had a blast--wish I could've stayed longer. And I think I was the only one who had to walk out of church early to catch a flight!
8:10 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home