Looking forward
I am currently sitting in my home in Langley on the couch watching TV. It feels wonderful to be taking a break. As of now I have entirely completed three graduate level courses. I will finish my last class for this semester on Thursday when I have an in class exam. The past weeks have been spent finishing up projects, along with two exams that were projects.
One was a major statistics assignment which we have been working on all semester. This project started by acquiring an existing data set, choosing what we wanted to study and then running a series of statistical tests and assumption checking. If anyone wants to talk Kolmogrov-Smirnov tests, skewness or kurtosis, Levene's or Box Tests, ANOVAs or MANOVAs let me know. If you have no idea what those things are you really are not missing out on anything unless you want to do statistics.
The second exam that I have finished was handed in today about two hours ago. This paper was also something that I have been working on this entire session, but something I worked on in a much different manner. This paper was my theoretical perspective, my views on different things such as personality, learning, motivation, change, self-esteem, and much more. This was something I have been sorting out and wrestling with in my head for most of the semester until coming to a point at which I had to write it down.
For practicum there was no final exam, we just had to have a one on one final evaluation with our supervisor. There was not a whole lot to talk about considering that I have only done three different sessions, all intakes. I seem to be the student in our practicum who is plagued by no shows. Next semester I will be in practicum again, but officially it is a separate class even though it is a continuation.
Now with only one in class exam left I am feeling as though I will make it through this week. I still have a lot of studying to do for this exam, but there is an end in view. Then I begin working full time. I think working full time will feel relaxing as I will not be working and coming home to homework, I will be working and coming home to relax, or going to visit relatives. I am looking forward to seeing Lynola, Michelle and Eryn again. I am also excited to see my family who will be coming down during Christmas break.
There is the possibility that I will be doing some homework. I have been thinking about different thesis options and have come up with a potential thesis topic. I am planning on meeting with a professor in the next two days to discuss the possibilities and whether or not he would be willing to be my supervisor. If this works out I could be busy filling out a scholarship application during the break that I would have to finish by January 4th. I am excited about the possibility of knowing what my thesis topic is, and am really excited at the idea of beginning to visualize and design my study. (Yes, I am a bit of a research junky).
All in all I am looking forward to a break, as well as to the possiblity of knowing and designing my research project.

3 Comments:
Whew you are SO smart! :-)
11:14 PM
Yay! you've made it thru your first grad school semester! I'm so proud of you :-)
7:38 PM
i don't know what any of those things are. let's talk about something else. Like that we will see each other in about a week. YAY!
1:09 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home