Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Feeling more positive

Well since the last post my mood has improved. I am still stressed waiting for a grade on my paradigm critique...at practicum all four of the us are in the thesis track and thus are all in that class together, so we stressed out about our grades together. We realize that we must have been really stressed if we were still all mega stressed on Monday and the paper was due on Tuesday. We then moved on to stressing about our project due at the end of this week. It was fabulously therapeutic for all of us, though I think it worried our supervisor that we wouldn't be able to put it to the side and be there for our clients...no worries, in the end all went well.
Today I wrote a paper on The Dot by Peter H. Reynolds. It is a fabulous little book for kids about a little girl who doesn't think she can draw and so she puts a dot on her paper and her teacher makes her sign it. She then decides that she can make a better dot. At the end she is having an art show of all the dots she has created and a little boy comes up to her and says that he wishes that he could draw like her, but he can't even draw a straight line with a ruler. She tells him to show her and then tells him to sign it.
Now I am working on my project for Friday I think it is the vagueist (is that a word?) assignment I have ever worked on. When I am finished I might be able to give an accurate description of what the assignment actually is, until then all I can really say is that I am compiling a binder of things that have brought me to where I am today, where I would like to go and times I have questioned whether this is where I should be. We'll see what actually happens with this project when I finish it.
Well, I think I am going to head off to bed. Tomorrow I am going to go see the African Childrens Choir with some of my roommates, it should be fun.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

i like your blog.
i really like that book. I have The Dot and I read it to my class during Dd week. Then we made dot paintings. It was fun.

Awww. I love the African Children's Choir!
I REALLY love you.
PS less than a week now!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PPS I am excited to see you :)

9:59 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home