Frustrated with Vagueness
Sometimes the incredible vagueness of instructions for assignments we are given absolutely drives me nuts. I am currently working on a paper for which the only official instructions received were...Paper topic to be approved by instructor Paper due June 2. From in class discussion we managed to glean a few more incredibly vague guidelines, the topic must be on anything related to the field of career. The most concrete guideline we have received was a length suggestion, 15 pages. I like concretes, knowing what is expected of me, especially when it is worth 50% of my grade for the class. I don't usually consider myself to be someone who does my school work for the grade, but more because I want to learn. Sometimes though a little guidance so that I know I am learning worthwhile stuff would be appreciated.
One of my friends also pointed out to me that I am a bit of a perfectionist. In being a perfectionist until I think I can do something up to my standards I have a hard time starting. Without knowing the standards for an assignment I can't figure out how to live up to my standards for performance in school. Oh the joys of being in a counseling program...in case any of you were wondering yes, we actually do analyze each other at times, and if we know each other well enough we will share our thoughts.
Well, back to research on Career Counseling for Inmates, so I can write a 15 page paper for next week, without guidelines...you would think I should like the freedom, but it seems I don't.
2 days and I will start my third class
2 weeks one day and I will be finished with one class
3 weeks one day and I will be finished with a second class
9 weeks two days and I will be finished with my third class
No, I'm not counting, but I have been checking fairly often.

1 Comments:
So when do you actually graduate and join a world where vagueness reigns and nothing seems concrete:)? I hear you are making a trek south?! When? We may have to plan something that's FUN!!!
4:43 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home