Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Guilt Update

I feel the urge to update my blog. Perhaps this is because I am sitting in class with the internet open and just wishing class would be over so that I could go pick up my sister from the airport (yes, I know if class got out earlier that wouldn't make Janine's plane get in any quicker...but in my head the logic works). Or perhaps I just want the class to end so that I don't have to sit in this chair any more, it is killing my back. Or maybe it is the realization that after this class the only thing left this semester for class is for me to walk into this classroom next week and hand in the exam (which I still have to write this week) and thus I know in my head this is my last real class for the summer! I am sooooooo insanely excited about that. I do not think I have ever been so excited and ready for a vacation! I think it is so much harder mentally to be in school when everyone else is out. It was bad enough when all the college students are out and you are still in class, but then when even the Canadian high school students are out and you are still in class you know it is going for too long. I am not complaining, I really like the class I am in right now, but I am so ready for a real break. (Of course to do that I am going to have to somehow ignore thesis for awhile)
So, this afternoon, after this class is over I will walk home and get in my car and drive to the Vancouver airport to pick up Janine. I even get to keep her for a little while before I have to send her home. And though I will be busy with work, finishing an exam and working on my thesis proposal, it is going to be sooooo awesome to have her in the area for a little while. After picking her up we are going to have dinner with relatives (which means I don't have to cook which is nice since I am in class all day today).
I actually just recently spent a week at camp which was fun, it was so amazing to be back at camp, and the week went so well. I am so totally a camp person. It was hard to come back and go straight into writing a paper which was due this week, but I have survived and have some great memories of the week at camp as well.
Well, class is about to restart after the break (the reason I could justify updating my blog even though I am in class) so I should go.
I would love to hear from all my readers, sometimes I don't believe there are any of you (beyond Lynola, Rachel and Hannah)

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and your mom :-)
love ya

9:53 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Um, Hi. I'm commenting. I love you. Even if I don't visit the blog world anymore.
come to sunnyside sometime...
micky

2:42 PM

 
Blogger David Mahaffy said...

boo!

9:56 PM

 
Blogger NWPopje said...

Howdy! Just checking in:).

10:14 PM

 
Blogger Ruth said...

Hi, I'm commenting too. Email me and tell me to blog if I forget for too long. ;-) Better yet, facebook me. Hope you had a wonderful summer break...

12:42 AM

 
Blogger Lynola said...

i just read it...i have been remiss and i apologize. however, i saw you in person around the time of this entry. and i am really not getting my work done right now. i love you. i'm glad you are on vacation.

11:48 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home