Thursday, April 01, 2010

Metaphorically Blogging

Alright, someone hasn't been posting her life up for the whole world to see lately. In fact, I don't even know when I last changed my facebook status, though I am assuming that is slightly more recent than my blog.
Question, have you ever been in a plane and you get stuck in a flight pattern before you can land, you pretty much just fly in big circles around your destination until you finally are cleared for landing. Of course as a passenger all you can tell is that you are going in circles, but you often can't see the destination. That is about what I feel like my life is doing now. I have my degree, I have my diploma, but here I am still working at the same job I worked at while getting that degree, the only difference being that I now have a position which guarantees me 32 hours a week. But the job I am working still doesn't even require a BA, never mind an MA. So I take steps forward to get registered with the BCACC, will have to take steps to maintain my registration in WA, yet I don't even feel like applying for jobs in either location. I wonder if I should look into more school because the job market is currently so lousey etc. Basically, it feels like, like that airplane I have made it to my destination, and I know that because I have finished my MA, but I don't know when I will actually be able to touch down, or even which runway I am supposed to be touching down on.
As a result I don't update my blog or facebook (not really terrible things), but I get cranky and grouchy and unmotivated, and then have to kick myself in the pants to focus on the good things and what my real goals in life are. Basically I feel like a lazy person who doesn't do the little things, but is also being too lazy to make the decisions in my life that will move me forward. I figure like that plane though, I will eventually run out of fuel and crash.
And that is all I feel like writing for now...if nothing else my MA forced me to start using metaphors a LOT more than I used to.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

Eventually the airplane will run out of gas, so air traffic control WILL let it land.

I thought I'd stick with your analogy, but it's not really working, because then the conclusion one might infer is: keep flying in circles and when you're all worn out, that's when you'll get it.

Really what I primarily want to say is
I LOVE YOU!
and secondarily
I MISS YOU

7:50 PM

 
Blogger Aleeda said...

In His time.---You will know if you're keeping in contact with him!It is alright to hover till He gives the all clear.

4:21 PM

 
Blogger Aleeda said...

Hmmm I did comment yesterday---but it shows no comments today---I'll wait lest I repeat myself :-)

8:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home