Some unconnected thoughts from the past few days
Studying about leisure time is depressing (the very fact that they need to describe it so a college student will know what it is is also depressing).
The last time I had two days off in a row (not counting the adjustment back from Night shifts) without work or the play was in December. In that time I once had two days off after night shifts...because something got shifted around at work. This does not take into consideration days I had youth events.
I really enjoyed having two days off in a row yesterday and today!
Being a youth leader costs a lot. In fact a very conservative estimate says it costs over $3500 per year, considering our church would like you to stick with your youth throughout their High School career that is over $14000...more accurately it is closer to $22000!
Being told to ignore the camera and mic and then having a big boom mic shoved in your face makes following instructions to ignore the camera and mic very difficult!
One can be EXTREMELY productive while procrastinating on what really needs to get done. This leads to lessened feelings of guilt than if one had procrastinated doing something useless, but it doesn't eliminate the guilt.
I have 3 dvd players, none of which can reliably play a dvd from beginning to end...currently they are all on spring break (ANNOYING!)
I blog because it will make Lynola happy...even though she typically already knows everything I put on my blog.
Ronald McDonald Houses are an awesome invention and deserve way more credit than they get.
When you get told that your water is getting turned off you suddenly become very thirsty and need to go to the bathroom a lot.
Front load washing machines are AWESOME!
I think it would be fun to jump out of a plane...one that is flying...with a parachute on my back of course.
I miss being able to go out my back door and go swimming like I could when I worked at camp.
I do not much enjoy living in a state of unknown limbo.
I am anticipating the middle of April.
I am currently procrastinating, so I am going to sign off and do what I should be doing.

2 Comments:
I love your blog! Thanks for posting. What's with the camera/mic comment? I don't know that story! I like having easy access to swimming (though mine is a pool, not a lake). I definitely agree with your view of procrastination and productivity. Love you!
10:46 AM
Your blog made me happy too! I love your randomness. And I hope you get a break soon. And I had no idea that being a youth leader was so expensive. What on earth can rack up so many bills? And I know you're not supposed to start sentences with the word "and."
4:21 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home