Pour ma petite soeur Janine
Now here is my kitchen as clean as can be
Now turn to you left and what do you see?
My comfy green chair just waiting for me.
And to my chagrin,
The door to outside that you haven’t come in.
Now left once more,
away from that door
my table and chairs and the maintenance door.
Just a little more left and you see a hall
‘tis very important when nature does call!
The bathroom is the only door on the left
To open that door one really must heft
To the right two doors with food, towels and more,
But the door at the end is one I really adore
For behind that door hides all kinds of good fun,
Novels, crafts and a bed for when the days done.
While lying in bed I gaze ‘cross the room
In the opposite wall three large doors loom.
I often lie in my bed and ponder,
Which door should I choose for tomorrows great wonder!

Now dearest Janine I have blogged just for you,
But before you can leave I give a wise word or two
While mining for gold in Parisian tap water,
Don’t forget to stay hydrated when the weather is hotter
And should you get lost in the French wilderness,
Caution, wildlife, though cute can be dangerous!
So stay in doors with your nose in you books,
That way you’ll stay safe from them and from crooks,
But don’t miss out on all that is
Perhaps you can learn a traditional dance.
Now I’m going to stop all this rhyming and such,
For it really is becoming a little to much!

3 Comments:
Wow!! That was awesome. And I laughed. And where is the "like" button? Okay LOVE! And how long did this take you? Hokey Dinah!
4:51 PM
LOVE this blog... and the pics. Looks like you have a nice place!
How is the size compared to one here? (I can see that the kitchen is smaller, but the living room & bedroom?)
10:11 PM
My thoughts----I can see your father coming through. It would have taken me a year to make a rhyme, and then it still would have been lame! He could always pump out clever ones pretty quickly.
I'm glad Janine showed me her poem asking you to blog before I saw this post...just made it all more special.
Love you---
Oh and Ardie, Lynnea told me one day when we were talking about how strange it is that she isn't by you anymore, that the thought went through her mind that she should call you and you could pop over and see the apartment ;-)
9:15 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home