Monday, July 02, 2012

Magnificent

Thunder storms are SO awesome. On Friday night we had a really great one, it came with really strong winds, and then a few hours worth of sheet lightening and bolt lightening. It was awesome...I stayed up and watched (It was hard to sleep anyways when it feels like the paparazzi is taking pictures of you). My power went out fairly early on in the storm which meant I could really see all the lightening flashes. As a result of the storm the next day I still didn't have power and I didn't have any cell service. I walked about a mile and a half outside (it was only about 98F) to the top of a hill where I could get service. There I went into the bathroom at Target and plugged my cell phone in (it had died because it spent all night searching for service)...I got a few weird looks in the bathroom, but most people caught on pretty quickly (In the whole half hour I was in there no one used the second stall...it confirmed my completely unfounded belief that I should use the second stall because it is likely the cleanest). I then made a phone call to my brother and sister who thankfully had power and were willing to put up with me stealing time in their AC, and borrowing their power to charge my phone.
Here is a picture of the result of the storm I saw this out my window and went outside to take a picture.

(That white fence there is surrounding our AC, and the building is just off the picture attached to the fence...that tree was taller than the one still standing, and a LOT bigger...I guess we now have a better view of the houses just down the ridge, and our picnic area at the base of that tree might need a few repairs)

My church also cancelled church on Sunday because the road was still blocked by trees and power lines...I have heard this storm called a "Land Hurricane" Whatever the case it was pretty magnificent to watch!

1 Comments:

Blogger Lynola said...

Impressive! Um, here it is still cool, but at least it stopped raining. I hope your AC is functional again soon!

12:00 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home