Monday, February 18, 2013

'Twas the night before Friday...

and I had NO idea what was about to hit me. Then I woke up and it was Friday February 8th. It had been a long week, not a bad week, but definitely not a good week. When my alarm went off I turned it off and slept for another half hour because that was the kind of week it had been. When I did get up I was glad it was casual Friday, so I went full on casual Friday with jeans and a fitted long-sleeved t-shirt. Totally comfy to help me finish out the not so great week.
When I arrived at work there was an email for me from my Supervisor's boss. The gist of the email being that they had created some positions at the company and would I be willing to come to talk to her about the position at 11:30. I looked down at my outfit, shook my head, and replied with a yes. Then went back to my regular work.
At 11:30 I met with the boss for just under half an hour. When I got back I checked my personal email where I found an email from a graduate school telling me I had been accepted. At 12:30 a lady from HR walked into the office with a job offer and the paperwork to go with it. And a start date of Monday, February 11.
I finished the paperwork and returned it to HR. It was about 2pm. Before 3pm the boss (as of Monday, my boss) walked in and said, "You're coming to Miami with me next week Tuesday and Wednesday, so I need to get your information so we can book your travel."
When I went back to her office to book my travel I found out not only would I be going to Miami on Tuesday and Wednesday, but I would also spend the next two weeks in Miami. Oh, and my dress code in Miami would be business, not business casual.
I still had over an hour of work to get through, but my brain was a little overwhelmed...

Job/School related timeline:
January 29th--interview at Graduate school, told it would be 2-3 weeks before hearing anything
February 1--get invitation to a graduate school interview
February 4--interview for a job in a totally different department of the company I have been temping at
February 8--the CRAZY Friday--interview for a newly created position, job offer, got notice of acceptance to graduate school
February 11--started new job (basically got a 75% raise)
February 12--took at 4:15am cab to the airport for my first trip to Miami
February 15--handed in my took weeks notice at the restaurant
February 18--graduate school interview
February 21--start my job filling in for our church administrator

P.S. If you've been trying to reach me over the past few weeks or in the next while, I'm sorry if I haven't responded...you may want to try again, my brain is still trying to catch up

2 Comments:

Blogger Aleeda said...

Do you ever stop and think, "God moves in mysterious ways"? and wish he would sit in the chair across from you and fill you in? :-)

7:54 PM

 
Anonymous Rachel said...

This is so exciting in so many ways!!!! It's no small thing to have a good job and to be appreciated like that. I'm so happy for you! And I'm happy you're staying in the DC area :) Woot!

4:30 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home