To President Barack Obama
To President Barack Obama,
Yesterday morning I got up bright and early and stood in line for an hour and a half so that I could take part in an election that ended up with you serving a second term. Whether or not I voted for you, I promise to support you.
This does not mean that I will always approve of your decisions or policies, or that I will never challenge the decisions you make, but please know that I will always support you. I promise to do my best to fully understand the situation and your motives before I make a judgement on whether or not I approve or disapprove of a choice you are making.
I promise to give you the respect that your office deserves, whether or not I voted to put you there is irrelevant. I voted the way I believed I should vote with full faith that God would put in office the person that this country of ours needs in office, be it for good times or bad.
I promise that I will continue to remember that you are human, and as such are entitled to make mistakes, and to struggle. I will also remember that you have sacrificially volunteered to carry on yourself the great weight that comes with the responsibility of holding the office of the President of the United States. I will not expect you to be perfect, to be superman, or to never let the pressure and stress of your office affect you.
I promise that I will uphold you in prayer as you do your best to lead this country. I also promise to uphold you in prayer as you strive to lead your family. I promise to pray for your family who also must sacrifice due to your position as President of the United States.
I promise to love and support you as a fellow human being created by God, and to do all I can to help you to live your life to your fullest potential in a way that honors God.
These things I promise to do my best to faithfully fulfill,
A fellow citizen of the United States.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home