I LOVE camp!
Wow, it has only been two days since I last updated, but we are not going to have internet at all for a week or so because my dad decided to switch servers, and then I will be out at camp for weeks with out internet before the computer is brought out. I may have time to get on the internet again on some weekends. Oh well, I'll survive.
Yesterday was my first day out at camp since I left last summer. I didn't know how much I missed camp until I drove back in that long curved driveway. I LOVE camp. I love having to fight for five minutes to get a rusty lock unlocked or relocked. I love having to go and fight the water slide, and then have to go to the lake and jiggle the pump hoses so that they start sucking water only to find that as usual at least one of them has come unhooked from its floats and is just sucking mud from the bottom of the lake. I love having to clean up the canoes and put them back on the rack. I love being able to complain about having to hike all the way up our driveway to check on the archery range. I love having to unplug the phone all the time to make it stop beeping, and then having to pull out the instruction manual once again to figure out how to reprogram the phone. I love making lists with Irene so that we can see the loads of work that I have to do in June before camp starts. I love the little cabins which all have to be cleaned. I love being in the middle of the woods, on the edge of a lake and feeling like I have come "home" once again. All these little things just help to make camp camp, and I love camp.
Well by the end of the summer I may just want to escape, I think I will always love camp and camp ministry.

1 Comments:
That's great to hear that you love camp so much...now I know why you go back every summer! I bet the kids just love you, Lynnea!
My job's going well..and I have an interview for another job on Monday.at Starbucks! :)
Anyway, take care, keep having fun at camp and in ministry!
11:42 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home