Out at Camp
So, I am sitting in the middle of the woods, the nearest town over twenty minutes drive away, and I have no vehicle to get anywhere. If anything were to happen, I would be stuck here with no way to escape, and no where to go...Yet I absolutely LOVE this place. I have discovered that I can creep myself out really well at times. The camp lodge makes all kinds of weird noises you never notice until you are the only one, or only one of two people in the place. Of course, I wouldn't give up this job for anything.
Since I started my job Megan and I have gone on a bit of a cleaning binge. We completely rearranged the office, as well as the chapel (which still needs some work) We also work rediculous hours. Because we are stuck here all week, we use our spare time to work. We really don't have much else to do out here. Everyday a group of school kids comes in, and we entertain them for a day, usually by putting them in the lake. We had wonderful weather for about a week, and spent it sitting on the beach watching kids and talking to parents and teachers and basically doing a lot of PR. THen they leave by a little after two in order to get back on time to catch the school bus, and Megan and I do maintenance work, often out side, or in the lake. Then we make supper and after supper we spend a few hours making decorations for the lodge. We have a good chunk of the chapel done, it is a city sky line which wraps around the chapel...cutting out all those buildings was a bit of a chore. Then we are also working on a few huge cartoon strips to go around the dining hall. Each frame is about four feet long and three feet high. After we are done those we will have to finish all our other decorations for in those rooms, and then we still have to decorate the entry way and paint the window. For someone who is not artistically inclined, this can be a stretch, but I also find it a lot of fun, especially this year because Megan is artistically inclined. Last year I had to do the entire building on my own!
Well, I better start heading out, we keep working til about nine at night, but we ought to get ready for tomorrows group which is an overnight group.
Have I mentioned lately that I LOVE my job?

1 Comments:
Sounds fun. Have a happy Canada Day in two weeks!
5:49 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home