Friday, March 30, 2007

Auf Wiedersehen

It's funny, but now that spring break is over all the end of the year events beging to occur. Last night was the senior psych majors dinner. The faculty took us out to Kimbrae South for steak, cod or chicken. It was a great time. I will miss those people in six weeks! We are finishing the plans for the last PsycClub event before the final picnic. We are having our last assessment day at Dordt (Good ridance!) I of course get the delight of having to take all the senior assessments this year. I only have three more shifts at my internship and then I will have more than enough hours! It would appear that everything is wrapping up really nicely. My friends, roommates and classmates are all suffering from senioritis. I probably have a touch of senioritis at times as well. It's weird to be moving towards the end, towards the great unknown future, and realizing that as much as I appreciated Dordt, I am not going to miss it. I will miss some of the people, like my Psych profs, classmates and friends, but I am ready to get out of here.
Well it would appear that after waiting so long to post before no one reads my blog any longer...Hmm, I will have to do better at that.
So this weekend should be fun, I have a baby shower to go to for two of my friends. One is due at the end of April and one in August, but we are doing both of the showers now while we are all still together. It should be a blast. Friday night there is a band concert...oh, that is today, but I still haven't decided whether or not to go. I know my roommates will, and I would absolutely adore some time to myself. Time when I could possibly do some homework without interuptions, or even just hang out all by myself.
I also have to make supper tonight...any suggestions on what to make? Even if you don't read this tonight I am open to suggestions as I have to cook multiple more times before the end of the year. Feel free to post suggestions or even recipes in your comment!
Well I should go, I need to run back to my apartment before class.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Oh, and Rat Olympicks are on the 26th at 7:30 for anyone in the area.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well this was a hit this week here--- a bit adjusted from the other recipe:
Chicken Alfredo (revised)

2 c chopped and cooked chicken
2 c mushrooms (fresh or canned)
¼-1/2 c cut up green pepper
½ onion chopped
4 cloves of garlic (minced)
2 tsp margarine

Saute chicken, mushrooms, onion, pepper and garlic in the margarine until onion and pepper are a bit tender. Add Alfredo sauce:

Alfredo Sauce
4 T margarine
4T flour
1 c milk
1 c chicken broth
1 c shredded cheese
½ c parmesan
pepper and salt to taste (usually the bullion used for the broth has enough salt that you don’t need to add any more)

In the microwave melt the margarine and flour and pepper together for 2 minutes, stirring half way through. Add the milk, broth and cheese and blend well.
Pour this onto the cooked chicken and veggies and cook until it thickens. Pour over pasta and serve

mom

11:06 AM

 
Blogger James said...

i think that the chicken alfredo recipe looks good. I am glad that you managed to adjust your link to my blog so that it now works. Any more news on the grad school front? Good luck as you make the final push towards the last hurrah!

9:29 AM

 
Blogger Lynola said...

wish i could come to rat olympics!
That alfredo does look good. did you know you can also buy it in a jar? I got some when it was on sale but haven't tried it yet.

Here's an easy thing that tastes yummy (Michelle and I made it up when she was over) Take pieces of chicken (you know the kind that is already cooked, you just have to microwave it) but add a little spaghetti sauce on top and some mozzarella cheese. It's really yummy, looks pretty, and it's more impressive than JUSt nuking the chicken.

I understand about being ready to leave Dordt. I loved it, but was also glad to leave. The great unknown isn't TOO scary, though it feels REALLY good when you know where you'll be moving to :)

11:18 AM

 
Blogger NWPopje said...

Ha! That's funny, I wasn't even at Dordt for four years and I still felt that way:).

11:27 PM

 
Blogger David Mahaffy said...

Rice and veggie stir fry. Throw some rice, frozen veggies, olives, leftover bacon, vienna sausages, or anything else that's leftover into a frying pan and stir fry. I've done that a few times and it can be quite tasty. Kinda depends on the quality of your leftovers....

10:02 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home