Tuesday, February 06, 2007

One GREAT Equation

Today is February sixth 2007. I am sitting at work and should be studying for a test in Learning Theories, but have read over my notes numerous times, reread all the articles, and the chapters in the books and don't know what else to do. Maybe the nervousness comes from the fact that I only have a little over five pages of notes, and then the realization that there are only five pages because I wrote them in big bold writing, and if I had written them in small wimpier writing there would likely be only three! Is there really that little information on this test? Do I have to know it all word for word then? And then added to all that the realization that it is a HITCHCOCK test just adds to the anxiety.
Add to that level of stress the fact that I am currently waiting the results of yet another TB test, which I have already decided is negative.
Then multiply that by the fact that it is February and schools keep emailing me to let me know that yes we have all your stuff and applications are under consideration, but since we had 500+ applications and let in less than 100 people it will take us time to let you know about interviews, though you should know by sometime this month. And that hopefully this stress won't end until sometime in March at which point I should recieve acceptance or declined admittance letters, and then if I get more than one acceptance letter I will have to choose.
Now if you add, and multiply all of those things together it makes for one huge amount of stress, but thankfully there is this huge subtraction that comes after that called someone else is in control so I can just relax. Wow, how do people survive in this world while trying to be in control of everything? I think I would die of high blood pressure before I was 22!
Needless to say, this should be a stressful semester having to plan my future as so many people keep telling me, but it has been the most relaxing semester I have ever had (so far). On weekends I finish my homework through Tuesday by supper time, and that is if I do no homework on Friday and start doing my homework around noon. Sheesh, I should have only taken 16 credits way earlier! Oh, and when I go to my internship I get to work at a slower pace of life for four hours! How cool is that. If any one is super stressed my advice, quit your job and go work at Hope Haven. They could use the help and you could use the slower pace!
I am so excited for this weekend, we get to have speck'n dicken (I have no idea how to spell that) What a great family tradition. Maybe I should make sure I get the recipe at some point! And last Saturday Karlynn, Michelle and I made pizza and had Huisman's over to my apartment for dinner and then a rousing game of Apples to Apples (if you've never played it, you should)
Well I am off to look through my notes one more time, and then my work shift will be over and I will go eat lunch (ummmm, I like food).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home