Saturday, November 04, 2006

One Done!

Hey, did you notice that the word one is in my title twice? Weird. Ok, so my brain is currently tired and facinated by such little observations! Today is November 4, 2006, the famed, long dreaded, yet anticipated day of the GRE Psychology subject test!! Rosh, Kendra and I headed down to Sioux City last night and spent the night in a Quality Inn so that we wouldn't have to get up insanely early this morning. Our alarm went off this morning at 6:45, and we began getting ready, and partook of the continental breakfast at the Inn (Hurray for Raisin Bran!) After that we went to try and find Briar Cliff. Unfortunately in Sioux City they seem to think it is unnecessary to label any of the roads we were told to take, so we ended up missing turns and guessing, but we eventually got there but a little after 8:00, we had to be there by 8:30. After 8:30 our test administrator croaked out the instructions (unfortunately she is suffering from a case of laryngitis) and by about 9:00 we were allowed to begin. We had two hours and fifty minutes to complete the test. I finished my test at approximately 10:50, and then went and sat in the hall to wait for my two companions. They came out at the end of the two hours and fifty minutes. We all felt like it went ok, but I have the obnoxious habit of not liking to leave any circles empty, and so if I can narrow it down at all I guess and sometimes even if I can't I guess. This can be bad as 1/4 point is deducted for every question wrong, but hopefully it won't hurt me to much. I did manage to skip some. Now we get to wait six weeks to find out the results. The big question is did it really go as well as it felt? After the test was done we went out for lunch at Chilis were I had a big completely unhealthy, greasy mushroom swiss burger. After lunch we drove back to Sioux Center. On the way back our dear Kendra began studying for next weeks general GRE. Honestly Kendra, give your brain a break. Since being back I have gone to the library to put a book on hold, checked out some intelligent Shakspearean movies to watch, finished my Psychopathologies homework, and am now adding my third blog post in one week. I think I have become either obsessed, cumpulsive, or addicted. Soon I will try and work on Political Studies homework (my least favorite subject this semester) and then I will go to a Mark Shultz/Big Daddy Weave concert (though I think they are playing in the opposite order) then to an Ice Cream Sunday social (if I am still awake enough) and then to Comedy Leaugue (If I am not dead on my feet)
Tomorrow I will take it easy after church and try to recover from today. Then on Monday everything will go nuts as I try to do all my homework, prepare for the general GRE and try to have a life all at the same time. Hmm, maybe socialization will have to occur in study groups. Oh, I LOVE college, it is just my pace.
Well, I better get to my homework or next week I'll be playing Catch-up along with everything else!

3 Comments:

Blogger dnsswgr said...

Oh Lynnea...I love you and I'm sure that you did just fine on your GRE test. I hope that you're able to re-cooperate a little bit tomorrow, otherwise it will be a very long week!

9:23 PM

 
Blogger Kendra said...

Hooray for being finished with both GRE tests, Lynnea. We did it! And it's over! Back to normal busy life.

9:41 PM

 
Blogger Hannah said...

I hope you did great, Lynnea.
If not, feel free to fall back on my old career advice standby for you.

7:31 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home