Deadness
So, it is the night of Price is Trite, and I am working in the library. That means currently the people in the library consist of me, my shelver and a professor (the other student just left). That means, it is very quiet in here, and I could be getting lots of homework done, but alas I have already finished my homework for Monday, so I could do my homework for Tuesday, but that is waiting in my room ah, but the thought strikes me...I should start on my Grad School Application essays, but my brain then says "NO! you already took a practice GRE subject test today, you should do nothing more today that takes any though." (hence the fact that that was only the second period in this entire entry!)
So here I sit in the library, starting on the third hour of this very empty shift, realizing that I will be here for at least an hour more staring at an empty library which will probably get emptier as my shelver will finish shelving, the professor (my favorite one by the way) will find what she wants and leave, and I will wonder why on earth I am keeping the library open. Then I will remember that Laura is coming to return something, but has to work until just before eight, so can't bring it until then, and I will realize once again that what I am doing has a purpose. Then I will close the library, make sure the doors lock behind me. I will walk the entire three minutes back to my building, climb four flights of stairs to one of the best apartments on campus, and there I will finally get to eat supper (if my roommates managed to leave me any) if they didn't I shall first have to cook something. After that I will wish I could go to bed because I am tired because I was up at 7:30 so that I could take a practice test, but I will remember that I invited my cousins over and I will stay up, and visit with them, and then after we are done I will try to get to bed, but I will be completley distracted by my roommates who by then will be back from their trip for icecream in LeMars, and then it will take me about two hours to get to bed, after which I will fall exhausted into a deep sleep until my alarm goes off in the morning to wake me up on time for church.
So now you can know ahead of time how this night will transpire!
Oh, I think I am now the only person in the library. It kind of makes me want to yell or sing really loudly and off key (the off key come narurally) but I never dare...I think it is too ingrained in me that when in the library one must always keep SILENT!
So, what has been happening in my life...I have narrowed down my grad school choices to five, now I am working on applications, and there essays and getting transcripts and references. It is a lot of organization, but hopefully it will be worth it.
Ooh, alarm going off, that means I need to go start a movie, so I will be back soon. Ok, movie started, and it is working!! and someone came into the library! I might actually have someone to kick out.
Also, I have been working on my experiment I have to run this semester, working at Volleyball games, working at the library, hanging out, doing a lot of other homework, and generally not gettin genough sleep, but I still love college, though I do suffer from some senioritis, it is not due to my college education, it is due to other issues I won't go into here.
Well, I better get going, I need to shut down computers, start another movie in a little while, and kick all one person out of the library (if they don't leave before then)
I would love to hear from you all and I will have to update this again when my brain is functioning in a more comprehensible manner--maybe one with more punctuation marks!

4 Comments:
Hi this'll be short b/c I'm going to bed. I didn't actually read your post b/c I'm too tired. But I just got a comment from you on my blog and it was exciting so I thought I'd say hi to you. Plus I missed you today and was going to email you to tell you but I forgot and now I"m here so I may as well do it here. I LOVE YOU!
Tires
10:03 PM
As one who's worked in libraries, yes, I think it's ingrained not to yell in a library....
8:43 PM
Break free from those silly boundries! Let loose a good oldie, the more off-key the better. Joviality has a place in all college buildings!!!
7:10 PM
i would come sing loudly in the library with you...after closing :)
7:44 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home