Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Camp camp camp...it's all I ever talk about

Ok, so it has been awhile since I last blogged, so I thought I better update my faithful readers. As I was thinking about what to write, all I could think about was camp. Honestly it is all I ever talk about, probably because all I seem to do is live and breathe camp.
I am now running the camp with my faithful companion Megan. It has been interesting being in charge. I am doing all the same things, plus having to answer all the phone calls and emails. But, I no longer have someone to turn to and ask if I am not sure. I can gather other people's opinions, but in the end I have to make the choice. A little frightening at times, but so far it has gone well.
I did get almost two days at home last week, but I took Megan and Mykael home with me so they wouldn't be stuck out at camp completely stranded. We played games went to town, went for a hike to Twin Falls and generally took it easy. I was a nice break, but I was ready to get back to camp, mainly because I just wanted to get this camp started so I could get it over with. This camp has been completley wiping me out. I think some of it is the added stress, but also the fact that it is the last camp of a long summer of camps. This youth group is also younger which has caused it to require more energy from both me and Megan, but overall I think it is still going fairly well.
I celebrated my birthday on one of the most stressful days of this week. The staff was supposed to get here Friday night, but didn't, so on Saturday we were trying to figure out where they were and what had happened to them. At the same time we were also trying to figure out how to fit all of the staff training into about half of the time we normally use. It added to the stress, but in the end I think it all turned out fine. Though I may have aged a little extra on that birthday!!
Well, I am definately getting ready to go back to school, as much as I love camp, I need to work at a lower energy level for awhile...and yes, school does feel like a vacation after camp. I would love to come back to camp next year, but I am not sure whether or not that is possible...with graduation and thus likely a move. I also am not sure whether I want to come back with a new boss. Part of the reason this job was so good was because of the boss. At the same time, the rest of what camp is makes me want to come back. I have a pretty good idea of who I would be working with, and I think I could work with her, it just wouldn't be the same. And I am wondering if maybe it is time for me to let camp go for awhile. Well, I guess I will have to wait and see what happens.
I better get back to work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hannah said...

Hi Lynnea! I'm sorry your birthday was stressful, but I hope parts of it were good too. It sounds like overall, you love your energy-consuming, responsibility-requiring job. That's good.

4:47 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love you Fuzz! Wish I could hug you...but I will soon.
Thanks for the emails. Blog is a good idea to have maybe I'll conform and start one someday...maybe.
LOVE YOU!!!!!
Tires

10:32 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home