Deductions
Well, I am now about a month into the first semester of my senior year, and these are some deductions I have made so far.
1. If Southview keeps going at this rate, we should have ten fire alarms by the end of the school year (people should learn how to cook!!!)
2. Experimental Psych could be a semester in and of itself, with no other classes and we would still never run out of homework to do!
3. History of Psychology and Worldview has an insane amount of reading of which we need to know everything, and pretty much that class is going to kick my but.
4. I am very glad I didn't go into Politics. Political studies has bored me to tears, but at least I am understanding it...I think
5. Abnormal Psych is facinating and I wish I had more time to dedicate to learning it, hopefully gradschool will let me do that
6. The GRE scares me to death, as does the GRE subject test, I think I will fail, but I know I won't...but it will make me go bankrupt.
7. Grad school costs a fortune before you even get accepted. GRE, $140, GRE subject test, $130, average application fee per school $50, cost of flying to an interview $depend on where, cost of getting your first acceptance letter, priceless (if it ever comes) and then you pay a boatload more!!!
8. When you have written hundreds of papers integrating your Christian faith into your career or studies, you will still have writers block on the next integration paper you will have to write.
9. Dordt has some of the best Psych profs in the entire world.
10. I value my education very highly
Aside from making wonderful deductions, I regularly panic about my research project, History of Psychology and Worldview (a class) and the GRE. I also do a lot of reading, take tests, procrastinate, work, and sometimes I sleep. If you don't get phone calls from me, try calling, I may not be there, but my roomies will leave a note on the whiteboard, which usually acts as a prompt for me to procrastinate from my homework and immediately pick up the phone and call (as long as I know your number).
Oh, and good news, I got a test back today with a score of 100%, pretty much that made my day, and nothing is going to ruin it!

2 Comments:
I love you!
Let's get together (yah yah yah) think of all that we could share...ok do you recognize the song in there?
Tires
2:35 PM
ooh, pick me pick me: i know the song!
Congrats, lynnea, on the test.
and i like your mastercard allusion
7:46 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home