Trepidation
Do you know that feeling at the beginning of the semester when you realize that you are doing hardly any homework and you are enjoying it, when all the sudden you are struck with great fear and trepidation as you realize that if you aren't doing enough work now, that means that it is all coming later, and that later you will be doing way more than enough work. In fact later you may die because of a homework overdose!! I have been having that feeling lately. I mean, I don't want to complain about a lack of homework, but I feel as if I haven't done anything since I got back to Dordt and got started. I know I have done a lot of reading (Hitchcock sees to that) but I don't feel as if I have accomplished anything.
Exciting news though, my Experimental Psych partner and I have come up with a topic for our big experiment. It should be wonderful, fantastic fabulous, and many more things...until the end of the semester. At which point we have been told we will absolutely hate the topic and never want to hear about it or see it again ever. (Apparently we might recover from that feeling eventually)
So today something leaked all over in my backpack, so I have a bunch of wet books and binders. The weird thing is, they all only got damp, while my pencil case and backpack are completely soaked!! I am happy about that because that is a lot of moneys worth of textbooks that could have become ruined, but I am curious as to what was leaking, and how it leaked that way.
This weekend is the retreat. It should be fun. Once again I am a leader, and I am a driver. It should be a lot of fun, as long as I don't get us lost on the way. Last year I had a good navigator, but this year I have no idea who my navigator will be. If I don't show up at retreat I guess my friends in far off places can expect me to suddenly drive up their driveway because of a wrong turn somewhere in the middle of nowhere Iowa.
Well, I need to go do some reading so that I will be prepared for my meeting later today, and since it would appear only one person reads this (Thank you Fan #1...whoever you are) I will talk to you later

3 Comments:
I read this too. And I agree with you about the trepidation. I have experienced it in the past. I don't have any time to experience it anymore, I am too busy trying to get other things done. I am certain that I will complain later about work overload, but for now I will appreciate only being very busy.
5:51 PM
I read it too! When I am online, that is. THanks for the updates. I love you writing voice! It is fun to read something above a Kindergarten level sometimes :)
7:11 PM
Oh, I miss the retreat!
5:56 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home