Back at it
Well, I am back at Dordt, and back to procrastinating. I am actually done most of my homework for tomorrow, I only have one assignment left, but I don't have enough time to finish it before my next meeting, and it kind of needs to be done in one sitting, so I was sitting at my computer and realized I hadn't updated this thing since my birthday...long time. So for all of you who actually read this thing (I know of about four of you) I will regail you with the details of my life.
The rest of camp actually went fine, although dealing with a younger staff continued to make things interesting, especially when all of our female support staff started PMSing, and I mean ALL of the support staff the youth group brought up, it was NUTS. After that week of camp I had some duties I needed to fulfill that were not so nice, but a necessary part of life. Well, at least they are all done and they seem to have gone well...or at least as well as can be expected with those things.
I then had a whopping almost five days at home during which I just vegged, packed my stuff and spent some time with my family before I deserted them again. I also worked to run up my parents phone bill one last time during the summer. Then I got on the bus for my horrendously long bus ride. I got on Wednesday afternoon, and got off in Iowa (actually Sioux Falls, South Dakota) on Saturday evening. Of course the trip includes a 22 hour layover in Winnipeg. Thankfully friends cam and picked us up, so we got to hang out with Nancy and Anton for a day, and see Richard again, he had just gotten back from his youth group camp, so we talked camp for a little while, then I got to sleep in a bed instead of curled up in a bus seat. When we got to Sioux Falls we were met by Michelle and Aunt Florence.
I spent the weekend at my relatives, and then on Monday began moving my stuff into my apartment. I am finally a senior, so I am in Southview. Wow, does it feel like an upgrade from last year. I am officially done one weeks worth of classes, though the real homework hasn't started. So far I have only had readings, but soon we will be digging into the textbooks. I think this semester my hardest courses will be Experimental Psychology and History of Psychology and Worldview (way to get the Dordt jargon in the title of that class!!) Though the class I will detest will likely be Political Studies, the only class I am taking outside of HPERs and classes from my discipline. I am also back to writing my weekly updates for my relatives. Once a week I "have" to write an email to the parents of my Vis relatives here at Dordt about what kind of trouble we have been getting into. It started out as a joke between me and Lynola, but people have liked it, so now it has become a sort of tradition. Let me know if you want to subscribe.
Well, I need to head out to my meeting. Thanks for distracting me once again. It is time for me to go plan a PsychClub Picnic.

1 Comments:
I like reading your blogs now and then.
Fan #1
9:30 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home