Monday, October 30, 2006

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

Over the weekend I turned the page in my planner to see what major assignments were due this week and I just about freaked out. My heart rate jumped, my palms started to sweat, and I quickly turned the page back. What caused this freakish, panic reaction??? The first thing I saw when I turned the page was something written in big bold writing with a cloud around it (whose dumb idea was it to write it and then make it REALLY noticable?!) GRE Subject Test! Ok, so I knew it was coming, but I just kept telling myself that event though I am preparing for it, it is a looooong way off. I was hit by the sudden realization that it is NOT a long way off, it is this weekend! Not only that, that means that the general GRE, something I haven't started preparing for yet, it is the next Saturday. So if I am ever going to get really stressed, flip out, have a panic attack or anything, it will likely happen in the next week or two. Then I begin to think more, having GRE tests means its November, which means I really need to start finishing my Graduate school applications! This also means that we are over ahlf way through the semester, so why doesn't it feel like I have done anywhere near half of the work that I am supposed to complete this semester???
Ok, so enough freaking out. A few deep breaths. So I have a major test on Tuesday, and after I finish that I have most of the rest of the week to study for the GRE, due to my panic planning and insane work over the weekend and doing all my homework for this week over the weekend (except for a tiny bit) So I should be fine. I think what is going to really drive me nuts is going to be having to wait for the results of the tests.
Our Psychology experiment is progressing at a slow but steady pace, in about two weeks we will be collecting data, meaning that it will have moved into an insanely fast paced mode...We will probably be running like there is no tomorrow, neglecting out other homework etc, but we have it scheduled so that hopefully (if we stick to our plan) we should finish with some cushion time which will allow us to catch up on any homework we have been neglecting. If we haven't been neglecting homework it will give us more time to work on grad school applications.
This Saturday after I take the GRE subject test, I have tickets to go to the Mark Shultz concert. It should be a lot of fun, and it will be a good way to just relax without having to use to much brain power. I have a feeling my brain will probably be a little tired!! Next weekend on the Friday before the second GRE my roommates and I are hosting a really late Canadian Thanksgiving/early American Thanksgiving dinner and we are having some faculty and staff over (only a select few we can only afford so much) It should be a lot of fun. I got put in charge of the turkey and stuffing. I think no one else wanted to be put in charge of the bird. Ah well, it should be a lot of fun.
Well, I should go and study for that test I have tomorrow, and if I have some extra time study for the GRE or do grad school applications.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home