The State of Resignation
I've hit it. I have become resigned to my fate, though I don't believe in fate. I have decided that what ever score I get on my GRE subject test will be. If I am supposed to get into grad school it will be good enough to get me into the school I am supposed to go to. I haven't become resigned about the general GRE yet, maybe becuase it hasn't sunk in yet that there is another one I am supposed to take in a week. It will probably sink in when I decide I better review for it. Then by about this time next week I will likely have hit the point of resignation again.
So that big test on Tuesday...well, it is done. I wrote a LOT of information down. Hopefully it will have been enough and it will have been what he wanted. I can use all the help I can get in that class. The RATs (Readiness Assessment Tests) are KILLING me. But I did get an email on Tuesday that said that due to my rewriting of some of the essay questions for the last test my grade has been switched from a 76% to an 88.75% Hurray, I don't think I have ever been so excited about an almost 89%. I think everytime I start a class with Dr. Hitchcock, I forget how hard his tests are. With an 89% though I have a chance of maybe pulling off an A in that class, though I am not getting my hopes up, with those RATS I will have to do well on all the other tests and both of my huge papers (one of which is due right after the second GRE...it should be really comprehensible!!) But Hurray for the test being done, and me feeling like I might have done alright on it.
I think next Saturday after the General GRE and after I attempt to do some homework, I am going to take Saturday night off and watch a movie--courtesy of the Dordt Library or one of my roommates. If any one wants to join me in the completion of the frying of my brain please feel free to come on over.
So for my psychology experiment (which I will give you more details on once we have run our participants), we have handed in our documents to the IRB (Institutional Review Board) If we get the OK from them we can finally start to gather and run our participants. If we don't get the OK we will have to fix whatever they say with no debate because it is a bit of a dictatorship. Of course the head of the IRB has been helping us design our project, so we shouldn't have any major problems, maybe just add or remove a sentence, orchange a few words. This is very exciting, it means soon I will be so busy I won't know what hit me, but I will be so happy because I will be in my element (running participants instead of writing papers). Then hopefully you will get the joyful post that says we had significant results. (Of course that would be in the optimal situation). Whatever the case at that point I will write a huge post on what we were doing and how it turned out. If I don't you all have permission to nag me after Thanksgiving. Of course you could all come watch the presentation! I know you all need a vacation and a trip to the heart of the good old US of A! The presentation is on December 13 in the Eckardt Lounge. I'll see you all there :)
So I have been noticing that when I write these at work I am always procrastinating because if I start something at work I never finish it, so these posts always get long and rambling. This time though you can just sit in shock and amazement that I have updated my post twice in one week, and I may even update it again this week as I still have a few days of the week left, and I will probably tell you about the GRE subject test this weekend!!
So I still have half an hour of work to kill, so what else should I tell you about? Oh, yesterday I had a lab that went from 3-5 o'clock, but one of the people had to sing in a recital at 3, so when he told the professor that he would be late, she asked what time the recital was and where it would be. The entire class then later got an email saying that Lab would be starting in the BJ Haan as we were all going to listen to our classmate singe ina very cool recital. It was pretty funny because right after he finished singing we all got up to leave to go to lab. The sad part was that that meant that nearly half of the audience left, and we are only a class of 13!
Well, I just had a load of books returned, so I think I will actually work for the rest of my shift. Hope to hear from you all soon.

2 Comments:
i like you rambly blog postings. the last paragraph made me laugh. Don't you just love small school communities that support each other? :)
7:42 PM
Hi Fuzz-nea...wow you have long posts. I'm amazed. Rather than post on my blog, I read other people's blogs when I am procrastinating. I should visit yours more often. Have fun in Sioux City - I love you! You'll do superbly. I'll be praying.
Tires
9:24 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home