Saturday, December 16, 2006

Less than one week!!

Another semester of classes is done and exam studying has begun. I am actually completely done with one of my classes. Experimental Psych doens't have an exam, although our fianl paper and presentation kind of take the place of the final exam. This past Wednesday Roshelle and I, as well as all the other groups from our class presented our projects at a student conference, and it went really well for everyone. After that we all got to go to our prof's class for dinner. It was a fabulous dinner and a lot of fun. I only have three exams this semester, one on Monday and two on Wednesday. Only one is cumulative and the rest are just final tests. The exam on Monday I am not terribly worried about, but the ones on Wednesday will take a little extra attention. Especially the cumulative one.
I find studying for exams much more difficult than just doing loads of homework. With homework and projects like that there is an end in sight, with studying you can always do more, and when you get to the exam you always wish you had done more studying. I spent today trying to focus on studying and realizing how easily distracted I am. Hopefully as the deadline draws nearer I will be able to focus better. I think part of my problem was that last night I had a dream about packing, and so all day I just wanted to start packing so that I could go home.
In exactly one week I should be home and should have been home for about two hours. I am so excited to go home, I miss my family. I will also get to see my Uncle who is coming to visit and my brother and sister-in-law are coming for Christmas. It should be a lot of fun. At the same time I am sad to be leaving because two of my roommates will not be coming back next semester and I know I am going to miss them a lot, so leaving means saying goodbye to them.
My room got invited over for dinner one of our professor's house, and they cooked us a version of Surf and turf. It was wonderful, we had steak and shrimp and potatoes and all kinds of wonderful food. We were so excited to have our own pieces of meat and something that didn't have a pasta, rice or potatoe base with somesort of sauce on it...what we always eat in our room.
Well incase I don't post before I leave for Christmas (highly unlikely since I will likely procrastinate from studying numerous times) I hope you all have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home