GREs, Experiments and Other Homework
Well it has been over a week since my last post. I know this because I have taken another GRE since the last post which was right after my first GRE. It feels SOOO wonderful to be done with the GREs. Now I just anxiously await the arrival of the rest of my scores.
So in the world of my experiment, which I will eventually explain in greater detail at a conference or upon request, we are now collecting data. This is super exciting. We managed to gather more than enough participants, and have already run over half of them through the test. So far it is running smoothly. After we run the rest of our participants on Friday, Rosh and I will get together Saturday to enter all the data, run statistics and try to get a rough draft of our results and discussion sections done. It should be a busy day, but if we can get that much done before Thanksgiving it allows us to have a more relaxed Thanksgiving break.
Other homework Hmmm, let's see, there was this ten page paper I had to write for History of Psychology and Worldview...I did not like it. I do not like writing about Thomas Kuhn. If you have never read anything by Thomas Kuhn let me tell you not to. He writes like a lot of writers from the fifties who sound like they had something to prove. So annoying, especially when you need a dictionary for everyother word! He is almost worse than the verbal part of the GRE!! For fun homework, I got five extra credit points just for doing a crossword puzzle about drugs!!
More Exciting news, a week from now I will be in Denver!! I get to see my brother and sister-in-law for the first time since the day they got married!! Karlynn and I get to head out to Denver, we will leave on Tuesday afternoon, and Ruth Lynch is coming up from New Mexico to join us. It should be a blast. There are over two pounds of turkey for each of us, and I'm sure there will be lots of other food, and we will get to fight about who sleeps on the couch, and which games to play and what movies to watch and what to do all day. It is going to be so much fun, and then when we get sick of fighting I can go work on homework or grad school applications! (Ok, so I may have to set aside some time to do that since I don't think I am going to become bored)
Well now, I better go, I have a RAT (Reading Assesment Test) in Hitchcock's class tomorrow, and those take a lot of studying...especially when it is covering three chapters.
I will try to post again before Thanksgiving, otherwise expect a nice long posting afterwards.

3 Comments:
I am the first person to comment on this post. Yah me!
You can come to my ISU -Dordt Recruitment presentation Monday night in S108 at 6pm, pizza will be provided.
7:36 PM
Hooray for GRE being done! Hooray for it almost being Thanksgiving! Wahoo! Yay for going to CO soon - have fun! Don't spend too much time fighting.
I love you Nnea!
2:22 PM
Oh, have fun in CO! Sounds like a blast!
10:07 AM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home