Thursday, November 30, 2006

Thanksgiving Break on to the Final Stretch

Well, Thanksgiving break was wonderful, I got out of Sioux Center and off Dordt's campus for something not school related. I got to see my brother and sister in law and Ruth. I got to ignore homework and just be lazy. I got to get kidnapped at gun point and then returned in under 24 hours (for more details read Ruth's blog). Pretty much it was a much needed break. Unfortunately now that I am back at school it feels like it was no where near long enough if it existed at all. I hate looking at the list of things I still need to do, the piles of homework and other activities and realizing that though I will manage to get them all done (and hopefully on time) I could do so much better on each assignment if all of the other assignments weren't present at the same time. I think that is what bugs me the most. I love learning, and I don't even mind all the classes and the assignments, what I don't like is how many of them I have to divide my attention between at one time. Maybe all the credits I am always taking are finally catching up to me. We'll see, next semester is way less credits, either it will be a great semester because I will be able to focus on the classes I am in or I will go stark raving mad because I have to much free time. Thirteen credits!! That is five and a half lower than I have ever been!!!
Even more exciting, I am leaving the music department behind me. There is no talking me back into going there. I have so many negative assiciations with it right now that even trying to convince myself to go play an instrument be it bassoon, flute or piano, takes me a long time and sometimes doesn't work at all. I will be so excited to turn in my bassoon at the end of the semester. Good bye and good ridance to my Dordt music career. Maybe after a semester off I will be willing to pick up an instrument again. I need to get out because music used to be relaxing and now it is just depressing stressful and something I try to avoid at all costs.
Well, we had a student die on campus last night, and even though I didn't know him you can feel the change in atmosphere. Instead of having P&W last night there was a prayer meeting and then in chapel today we talked about it again. I think it is amazing how a Christian community can pull together in a time of need. You can see that even those who didn't know him are affected in some way. It reminds us of the need to support eachother and of the brevity of life.
Well, I need to get to some homework so that I am not up until some horendous hour again tonight and so that I don't have any more freak outs. Twenty-one days and I will be on my way home with only one semester at Dordt left!

2 Comments:

Blogger James said...

i am sure that you will manage to not be bored next semester. I hope you have a fun time at home over Christmas break. Maybe I will see you at some point next semester.

1:35 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

don't worry. you will always be busy, even if you're taking fewer credits. Trust me.

2:53 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home